The NZ Government has funding available to help New Zealand businesses grow and innovate. Many of our existing clients have successfully applied for and received grants to fund our R&D services. You can too! Currently the key funding programmes are:
– Agricultural and primary sector grants.
– Energy grants for energy efficiency, energy audits.
– Large R&D grants for developing new high tech products, services and processes.
– Small R&D grants under $50K.
– Student grants for research and development.
– The Technology Transfer Voucher scheme for working with Universities and CRIs.
Getting Started R&D Grant $5K
Do you have a new product or service idea that needs validating prior to investing in an R&D programme?
The “Getting Started” grant could be for you. The grant is available to help with the initial groundwork for your new idea and validate your business case. Funding is for external costs only. Internal company costs are not allowable. Examples of activities this funding can support include:
– Initial IP advice, for example Freedom to Operate searches or IP protection strategy.
– Proof of concept design & prototyping. (Blender)
– Project scoping, eg early stage R&D project plans, milestones and budgets. (Blender)
– Technology expert advice, eg technical feasibility studies, technical project plans.
– Product validation, eg advice on gaining regulatory approval.
– Commercialisation expertise, eg identifying customer requirements.
To learn more about these business funding schemes and how they work please visit the Applied Support Services Website. For help preparing business grant applications and proposals call them on (09) 817 7460 or send them an email.