Expand the horizons of portable camera capture.
Of course, creating a product from scratch isn’t the simplest process. After brainstorming and creating initial concepts, we developed several working prototypes which were tested furiously, as well as an app that integrates with the camera itself. At that point, we realised we’d need an extra boost of funding to make it a reality – and that’s where Kickstarter came in.
From Kickstarter to inspiration, our crowdfunding experience.
We launched a Kickstarter towards the end of 2013, hoping to raise enough funds to work with our manufacturer production. Nearly $75,000 was pledged. However, we didn’t quite reach our goals. The journey of Quebee gave us huge valuable insights into what consumers want out of a camera, as well as a few good lessons on how to make a Kickstarter campaign successful!
Making the square cool.
Although we weren’t able to go ahead with mass production of Quebee, we still created a pretty awesome product. Here are just a few of the things that make Quebee so great:
- Full HD camera with wide angle lens
- High-quality microphone
- 5 hours of video recording
- Up to 48 hours of time lapse recording
- Water resistant
- WiFi and Bluetooth connectivity
- Connected app for your smartphone which allows you to control the camera, as well as edit and share videos
- Cloud storage for all your videos